Did you watch it?! This was my winning recipe on the first episode of "HALLOWEEN BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP" on Food Network!! When I ended up with "The Cowboy" card, I immediately thought rustic, yet refined. Then this recipe came to mind. They always say stick to what you know, and I knew this was a simple (almost too simple!), yet killer, cheesecake. The crisp, crumbly crust adds a good bite to the creaminess of the cheesecake, and the blueberry topping gives you just the right punch of sweetness. It was a knock out with the judges and is sure to be a winner with you too!
2 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
16 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
6 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. Stir in melted butter until blended. Pour into dish and press crumb mixture until it's even.
- In a stand mixer, (or in a large bowl with a hand mixer), beat the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until incorporated.
- Spread filling over crumb crust and bake for 20 minutes, or until edges just start to brown.
- While its cooling, start the topping. In a small saucepan, add the blueberries, sugar, flour, water and salt. Stir until thickened over medium heat, about 10 minutes. Then pour over cheesecake.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2-4 hours before serving.